Ciao, come stai?
We need your consent to load content.In order to show videos we use the services of third-party providers. These providers can collect data about your activities. Further details can be found under “Learn more”.
- 1) Welche Sprachkurse kann ich wann besuchen?Hide
Normally, courses at all levels from A1-C1 are offered in the winter and summer semesters. You can find the courses on Cmlife by entering the course number in the search box.
- A1: Italienisch Grundkurs 1 (4 SWS): SI410
- A2: Italienisch Grundkurs 2 (4 SWS): SI420
- B1: Italienisch Grundkurs 3 (4 SWS): SI430
- B2: Italienisch Grundkurs 4 (4 SWS): SI440
- C1: Italienisch Aufbaukurs (2 SWS): SI450
- C1: Italienisch Spezialisierungskurs 1 Allgemein (2 SWS): SI460
Please note that the courses can only take place if the minimum number of participants is reached.
- 2) What influence does my previous knowledge have on the choice of my courses?Hide
If you have had previous instruction in a language or knowledge of a language that is very similar, you may be able to start a course at a higher level. A placement test is mandatory for this. You will find further information under "Placement" below.
- 3) Can I participate in courses as a member of staff or guest student?Hide
Generally, yes. You will find more information here.
Placement Test 'Einstufungstest' (please read carefully)
- 4) Do I need a placement test?Hide
- If you have had previous instruction in a language, you must take a placement test.
- If you have already taken a course or a placement test with us, you do not need a placement test.
- 5) When does the placement test take place and how can I register for it?Hide
You can register for the test via CMlife . You will receive precise details of your slot (date, time & venue) when you register. Placement tests for Italian courses are currently scheduled for 12, 16, 17 and 18 October.
- 6) Where and when do I register for the placement tests?Hide
Where: Registration is via CMlife. Enter SPT01 or Placement test in the search field.
When: Registration opens at 9 a.m. on 6 October.
- 7) Can I be exempted from the placement test on the basis of certificates?Hide
- Language certificates will only be recognized if they are not older than two years.
- Please submit your language proof via this form by the end of the 2nd week of the semester.
- After you have uploaded your proof, it will be checked by our language officers. If your prior knowledge is confirmed by the language officer, the Language Center secretariat will remove you from the corresponding courses on CampusOnline so that you can register for the next higher course. This can take up to two working days.
Accepted, without an additional oral test:
- The following certificates are accepted: UNIcert, CELI, CILS
Accepted, but only in conjunction with an oral test:
- Language certificates (not UNIcert) issued by other colleges and universities
- Language certificates awarded by the Virtual University of Bavaria (vhb)
- Language certificates from a community college (e.g. VHS) or private language schools are not accepted. Please take a placement test.
- Course registration (compulsory)Hide
- Yes, registration is compulsory.
- Where: Registration takes place via CMlife. Enter the language or the course code in the search field. Signing up to the companion e-learning site does count as valid registration for the course.
- When: You can register for the German courses from October 19 at 13.00 until October 29 at midnight. If you are not registered you will not be permitted to remain in the course.
- 9) I don't have a matriculation number yet, can I still register for a language course or a placement test?Hide
If you do not yet have a matriculation number, this means that your enrolment at the UBT is probably not yet complete. Please contact the Student Administration Office (Studierendenkanzlei). You will only be able to register for our language courses after you have received your matriculation number.
- 10) Will I definitely get a place on the course?Hide
No. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. If the course is fully booked and you only receive a place on the waiting list (WL), you will move up the line if/when a student with a firm place (FP) deregisters. Students who are only on the waiting list may NOT attend the course.
- 11) I can't find my the course I would like to attend on CMlife: what's wrong?Hide
If you cannot find a course on CMlife, it usually means that this course is not required for your degree programme.
If you can see a course on CMlife but cannot register, it may mean that do not have the required language level (taken the placement test) or attended the previous course in the programme.
- 12) Do I have to deregister if I cannot attend a course I have registered for?Hide
Yes. Deregistration is only possible during the registration period (i.e. until the end of the second week of the semester). Students can only move up from the waiting list during this period. Once registration closes, it is not possible to deregister from a course. If you drop out of a course, "X-5,0" will be entered as your result in CMlife.
- 13) Can I attend a language course without taking the final exam?Hide
Technically, you can take a course without taking the final exam. However, by doing so, you may be depriving another student of a place in the course and thus of the opportunity to earn credits for the successful and timely completion of their degree. If you do not take the exam, you will not be able to take the follow-up course. In addition, you will receive no credit and ''X-5,0'' will be entered as your result in CMlife.
Course attendance and course completion (examination)
- 14) Is there an attendance requirement?Hide
Yes, attendance is compulsory in all language courses. You will find further information here.
- 15) Can I also attend the language course online?Hide
No. Unfortunately, online participation is not possible.
- 16) What happens if I drop out of the course?Hide
If you do not complete a course, ''X-5,0" will be entered as your course result in CMlife. You will not receive credits or a certificate for courses you do not complete.
- 17) Do I have to register for the language course exam?Hide
No. When you register for the course you are automatically registered for the exam final exam.
- 18) How many ECTS or credit points do I get for a language course?Hide
You will receive 2 ECTS for courses with one session per week and 4 ECTS for courses with two sessions per week. This may vary slightly from the number of credit points (LP) awarded for the course in your degree programme. The examinations office (Prüfungsamt) will be able to help you with any questions about this. The Language Centre cannot provide this information.
- 19) Do I get an official certificate at the end of a language course?Hide
Yes, on request at the Secretary's Office (Sekretariat): GW I, 0.04; Monday-Friday 9:00-11:00
- 20) What certificates can I be awarded in addition to confirmation that I completed the course?Hide
In addition to the final exam, you can take the UNIcert® exam after completing a specific sequence of courses. You can find more information here.
This language is taught by:
Our Italian Team (Coordination Dottoressa Bianca Maria Lento Martella)
Information on all lecturers and office hours can be found here.